My husband is from Ireland and he made sure the twins ate this early-on so they would always like it and so far its still a hit at dinner time. He always makes it for friends when we deliver dinners and they are always happy when they take off the tinfoil to see his Shepherd's Pie.
1.25 lb ground beef (93%)
3 carrots, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 small container of button mushrooms, pre-sliced is easiest
1 cup frozen peas
1 small onion, chopped
6 medium potatoes (idahos)
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 package of Knorr shepherds pie mix ( dry packet)
2 tablespoons butter, cut up in little pieces
3-4 tablespoons ketchup
1. Peel, cut potatoes in half and boil in water until tender, about 30-40 minutes. Drain, mash and set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan on med-high heat, pour olive oil and cook onions, carrots, mushroom & celery for 5 minutes or until onions are translucent.
3. Salt and pepper ground beef and then add to the veggies until browned.
4. Add the knorr mix ( follow directions on packet) and bring to boil and then simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Turn on oven to 350
6. Add 3-4 tablespoons of ketchup and frozen peas and stir to combine.
7. Transfer meat mixture into an proof dish, cover with mashed potatoes and add 2 tablespoons off butter, cut up. Salt and pepper.
8. Bake in oven at 350 for 20 minutes.
Dump and Go Slow Cooker Freezer Meals
17 hours ago