Sunday, October 25, 2009

Mini Frittatas

My kids love eggs, so when I saw a recipe for mini frittatas in the Nov 09 issue of Parents magazine, I knew I had to try it! As an added bonus, these are easily customizable to meet your kids' picky tastes. Just add (or omit) whichever veggies you'd like.




Ingredients:

4 eggs (extra large sized...if using smaller eggs, I'd probably go with 5 eggs)
3 Tablespoons milk
1/2 cup shredded cheese (any variety you like...I used cheddar)
1/2 to 1 cup finely diced veggies (I used portobello mushrooms, garlic and leeks)
Salt, pepper, and any herbs you'd like for seasoning
Butter/oil for sauteeing and greasing

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease the bottom and sides of all 12 cups in a regular size muffin pan.

Prepare the veggies (either saute or steam...veggies should already be cooked when you add them to the eggs).

Beat together the eggs, milk, and any seasonings. Mix in the shredded cheese.

Spoon the egg mixture into the prepared muffin tin, about 1 to 2 tablespoons per cup.

Add veggies to each cup. Here's where you can get inventive...two can have leftover chopped broccoli from last night's dinner. Two can be plain. Two can have diced peppers and onion. Whatever people like and you have on hand/left over.

Bake approximately 12 minutes, until eggs are set and lightly browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment