This was shared by a Mother on "Sobo Mom's" and it has quickly become one of my favorite go-to recipes. Lemon loaf is super easy to make and most likely you will have the ingredients in your home. A great treat to have during the holidays when friends and family stop by--just add a cup of coffee or tea and everyone will be smiling.
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk, I use 2%
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 lemon, zested
1 lemon, juice of
1/4 cup sugar
1. In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar.
2. Add eggs one at a time until creamy.
3. Blend in milk.
4. In a separate bowl mix together flour, baking powder, salt & lemon zest
5. Pour into butter/sugar batter and combine.
6. Pour into greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
8. Bake in 350f degree oven for 50-55 minutes, pending on your oven
9. While loaf is baking, combine lemon juice & sugar in saucepan. Heat last 5 minutes of baking time and heat until sugar is dissolved.
10. Remove loaf from oven and cool in pan for 5 minutes.
11. Remove to rack and while still hot and poke toothpick holes all over the top of the loaf, and spoon glaze evenly over loaf