Prego used to have specially marked jars for Pasta Bake. I was so disappointed when they stopped making it - until I realized that if I could recall the actual recipe, I could just use a regular ol' jar of pasta sauce! So...here you go. Enjoy!
I wish I had thought to take a picture *before* we had eaten most of it...
- 1 box of pasta - UNcooked (I use the curly, hollow pasta, Cellentani)
- 1 Jar spaghetti sauce (I use Prego Traditional)
- 1 spaghetti sauce jar filled with water
- 2 - 3 cups of shredded cheese (I use a cheddar/mozzarella mix; sometimes I add Parmesan too)
- Meatballs - cooked (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Put the pasta, sauce, and water into a 9X13 pan. Stir. Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- Stir. Add meatballs and cheese. Bake uncovered for 10 minutes.
(I usually just get the frozen meatballs and pop them into the oven beside the pasta during step 2.)