Friday, January 29, 2010

(no fail) Banana Crumb Muffins

I am not the best/biggest baker. But many, many years ago, my SIL gave me this recipe....and it is FOOL-PROOF! I won't tell you the mistakes I've made--much too embarrassing--but somehow the muffins come out yummy each and every time! Also, this is a great "Cooking with Kids" recipe.

1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 large ripe bananas, mashed
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten (or not)
1/3 c butter

*Combine 1st 4 ingredients in a small bowl.
*In larger bowl, mash the bananas. Add sugar, egg and butter. Mix well.
*Add dry ingredients, a little at a time, until moist and all mixed in.
*Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.

TOPPING:
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 Tbs. flour
1/8 tsp. cinnamon
1 Tbs butter

*Combine 1st 3 dry ingredients. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over muffins.

Bake at 375 for 18-20 minutes. Makes 1 dozen.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm- I will definitely be trying this. I have two banana trees in my yard and more bananas than I know what to do with. A welcome break from banana bread :)

    ReplyDelete