Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Fig & Olive Tapenade

My friend shared this with me when I asked her for a crowd pleaser recipe for an appetizer party I was attending. Its YUMMY and a huge hit. I thought it would be a great addition with the holidays approaching! And, I am sure some kids will enjoy it, who doesn't like cream cheese and crackers.

1 cup chopped dried figs
1/2 cup water
2/3 cup chopped kalamata olives
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 cloves garlic minced
1tsp dried rosemary
1 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
8 oz block of cream cheese

Add figs and water in a saucepan over med heat. Bring to a boil and cook until the liquid has reduced. Remove from heat and stir in oil, vinegar, spices, olives and garlic and mix well. Season with salt and pepper and cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
To serve spoon over cream cheese, top with walnuts and serve with wheat crackers.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment